HyperFruit will always be interested in news stories that will resonate with the community that we serve. These submissions will, if selected, be published online. Editorial Submissions are encouraged from those that live, work and/or have an interest in the Fruit Market, Pier, Marina, Lowgate and Castle Street areas of the city of Hull. We want to represent the diverse range of life that makes these areas so vibrant. It is worth considering that HyperFruit is, predominantly, a site containing news items. The editors of HyperFruit welcome submissions in a variety of formats, including:
- News stories
- Press releases
- Full-length feature articles
- Short and accessible articles describing your experience of activities and facilities in the area
- Interviews with key figures
- Discussions of contemporary issues relevant to the area
- Images, audio and video content
If you have an idea for a submission and are not sure it fits with HyperFruit’s theme and format please contact the the editors to discuss your ideas. [email address required]
Submission and Style Instructions
HyperFruit is committed to publishing work of the highest possible editorial standards.
Please use the following checklist to ensure that your work meets with our editorial requirements before initial submission:
- News and story gathering should be carried out in adherence to the main principles of journalism, specifically the NUJ’s Code of Conduct (whether a member or not) http://www.nuj.org.uk/innerPagenuj.html?docid=174
- Sources of information should be clearly identified.
- Stories must be accurate and establish the truth.
- Stories should be well sourced – ie, not single sourced – and well evidenced.
- A range of views should be sought.
- Written content should be presented using clear and precise language and in plain English.
- Stories should serve the interests of the community.
- The privacy of subject matter is fully respected.
- Stories should not cause harm and offence, nor be in breach of defamation laws.
- Those submitting editorial are accountable for truth and accuracy.
Review Process Prior to Publication
All submissions will be assessed by HyperFruit’s editorial team, who reserve the write to edit any work submitted in order to maintain a consistency of house style and appropriate story length.
deemed by the editorial board to be in keeping with the current theme, standard and ethos of the journal will be forwarded to peer-reviewers.
Legal and Copyright
Before your editorial submission can be considered for publication you must assign single, first use rights to HyperFruit [form required]. HyperFruit recognises that authors and content providers may wish to republish their material at a later date. The copyright agreement that you sign with us before publication of your work will ensure that you retain copyright and can publish freely elsewhere.